-->

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Taylor Morris meets the President of the United States

morris lead Taylor Morris meets the President of the United States

It’s not surprising that the story of Taylor Morris’ bravery has reached the White House. Last week, President Obama dropped by to check out our hero’s progress. I spoke to Taylor just after the President’s visit.

“He was really nice and appreciative of my sacrifice. My girlfriend, Danielle, knows the President is a White Sox fan and told him, ‘The Sox stink, Go Cubs!’ He thought that was pretty funny and was quick to point out the Cubs are in the cellar right now. He (Obama) was very easy to talk to. I’ve been invited to watch the 4th of July fireworks on the White House lawn.”

I also spoke to Taylor about his rehab, which continues to defy expectations. Taylor has already been fitted for his right and left hand prosthetic, as well as one of his prosthetic legs. It will not be long until Taylor has all four prosthetic limbs.

Taylor Morris has come a long way. Two months ago tomorrow, Taylor lay dying in a crater, all of his limbs blown off, giving orders to his fellow soldiers not to come save him because it was too dangerous. On July 4th he will join the President on the White House lawn to ring in our Independence Day. Then someday sooner than anybody anticipated, the resilient sailor will return home to Iowa, and walk into a cabin the Chivers built. As we ended the call, Taylor said something very touching,

“John, what the Chivers have done for me, the cabin… I met the President… it’s unbelievable. But the letters and emails of support from Chivers have meant the most, even today letters continue to pour in (Taylor’s website). The variety of people I’ve been able to help and inspire with my story is so great. I’m very fortunate.”

“I’m very fortunate.”

Share this:

Related Posts
Disqus Comments
loading...